Friday, January 19, 2018

Who really is pro rape here me or UBF?

Articles here do not necessarily represent official UBF teaching or any other UBF member or ex members point of view

Listen to or read a sermon By Pastor Ron Ward, your local UBF Pastor or Chapter director or whatever UBF leader you consider to be the most authoritative who is not in a Reform UBF type of group and count how many times he uses the New International Version and how many times he uses other translations

For more than 100 Sermons and Bible Studies in English with our local Pastor and one to one Bible teachers in my Chapter, that I witnessed personally, they used the New International Version more than 50 percent of the time.  I had the same experience in regional conferences and world conferences in the United States with speakers and Bible teachers.  Not a single one of them departed from using NIV in more than 50% of the Bible Verses of any sermon from which I had access to the manuscripts that I can remember even one time possibly excluding plagiarism of other sources for their sermons that used other translations.

New International Version was the standard

But in Deuteronomy 22 rape is promoted in the New International Version translation which is the UBF standard and I have seen zero articles by current or ex members of UBF opposing this pro rape teaching excluding my own articles

I do not mean any disrespect here to people who are actually doing what they should be doing.  If you have been contacting a third party because a lack of my contact information my email is below.


After I painstakingly explained what is wrong with the pro rape translation of Deuteronomy 22, I have been accused of writing pro rape articles or perhaps of writing the word "rape" in articles

Before accusing me of writing pro rape articles do your own work and explain why the translation your Church endorses is wrong about rape!  Or do you support the pro rape translation?  How many articles have you written about this?  Or is your complaint that I wrote the word, "rape?"  If so then you should start using a translation of the Bible that never uses the word "rape!"



I have seen zero such articles



Do you also have a problem with how I interpreted Deuteronomy 21 then write what you think it means and post a link to your blog or video in the comments below

Since my work is not good enough write your own 

You could address what this self proclaimed atheist said in the video below

Or address how it is wrong for UBF to actually do rape via a third party by deception!  Has anyone else called marriage by faith rape by deception?  If so, post a link to the article your wrote!

http://marriagebyfaith.blogspot.com/2018/01/marriage-by-faith-is-rape-via-third.html

Are you still offended?  Did I miscommunicate something?  Then start writing better articles than me and save me the work of at least trying to do something and still being criticized.  


You will save me the effort of writing I can just post links to your articles if you do a better job than me 



Or could just a few parts be reworded due to typos or a lack of clarity on my part.  Please post a correction of how I could have worded things better or email me at the email below

Do not waste a third parties time complaining about my articles, post a comment in the section below or email me

Or are you trying to censor free speech because you are too much of a intellectual coward to write a response article to me and you just want to shut my articles down so you complain to a third party instead of talking to me directly?

I am not sorry this blog is not an information control cult and those tactics will not work here

Please send hate speech, praise, questions, comments and suggested writing corrections to me at

FellowshipBibleUniversity
at
Gmail
dot
Com

And not to a third party


When Rape is Okay


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLGiVEshwHY
Accessed online on 2018 January 19
New International Version teaches rape is OK

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[c] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NIV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+22&version=NIV

Accessed online on 2018 January 19

I refute the New International Version translation of Deuteronomy 22 below in the section entitled, Prohibition on forced marriage

http://marriagebyfaith.blogspot.com/2018/01/you-can-marry-anyone-who-consents-that.html
Accessed online on 2018 January 19

And I do not necessarily say Deuteronomy 21 teaches rape either

Deuteronomy 21:10-14 might not be a forced marriage alternatively it could mean that they are permitted to marry a captive woman if the captive woman consents to marriage. 

http://marriagebyfaith.blogspot.com/2018/01/you-can-marry-anyone-who-consents-that.html
Accessed online on 2018 January 19

In the American jail system prisoners who are held captive can choose to marry people but are not forced to marry anyone so it is possible in at least some cases to marry a war captive without it being rape.

"Complete any paperwork required by the prison. Many prisons require a packet of paperwork to be completed by both potential spouses before granting permission for the wedding to take place. Check with the warden or other appropriate prison official to learn how to submit your application, if necessary. Some common paperwork requirements include:[2]
  • Proof that both potential spouses are of legal age to marry
  • Statements that the marriage is entered into willingly
  • Statements regarding the reason the wedding is requested while one potential spouse is incarcerated"

http://web.archive.org/web/20220403215914/https://www.wikihow.com/Marry-Someone-in-Prison

"Get a license. Every state requires potential spouses to obtain a marriage license prior to becoming legally married. This requirement is not waived because one potential spouse is in prison. Contact the warden or other appropriate official of the prison in which the inmate is housed to learn the process for obtaining this license. Often, the non-incarcerated potential spouse will be tasked with this."

http://web.archive.org/web/20220403215914/https://www.wikihow.com/Marry-Someone-in-Prison

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=can+you+marry+a+prisoner&ia=web





No comments:

Post a Comment

Marriage by faith stories vs Biblical moral codes

Views expressed do not necessarily represent those of University Bible Fellowship, UBFriends, or any other member or ex member of University...